Hi everyone and Happy New Year!! I am really jazzed for 2017. As I looked back and reflected on 2016, I realized that this little blog of mine was not my priority in 2016. Between kids, a job, activities and sickness, I definitely put the blog on the back burner this last year. Well, that is going to change and I hope to be publishing more frequently and will be especially trying to publish meaningful content for you all. I have thought about giving up writing the blog all together, but I know at the end of the day, that would make me sad, as design is my passion!
So, in that spirit, today I have for you my predictions for the top 10 design trends for 2017.
- Terracotta. This is a trend I am loving. Terracotta is so warm and rustic. It reminds me of traveling to Italy. My BFF also had terracotta floors in her kitchen growing up.
- NAVY. Navy is the new black. Whether you paint an entire room, a bathroom vanity or kitchen cabinets, navy is definitely on trend. There are so many beautiful navy paint colors out there. I just painted my long entry hallway navy and I love it. I am glad to report, that despite the dark tone, it does not make the space feel smaller.
- ACRYLIC FURNITURE. It can be modern, but comes in traditional silhouettes. It is the perfect material for small spaces as it completely opens up a space.
- JEWEL TONES. If any of you saw my Christmas Home Tour, you know that jewel tones are near and dear to my heart. Definitely a trend I can get on board with.
- BUTTERFLIES. Ohh la la. I so want this in a powder room, like the one featured below. They are a symbol of spirit and optimism. Not just for kids rooms anymore!
- ARTISINAL OBJECTS. Apparently, there is a trend toward artisan goods, especially rustic white ones. Apparently, gone are the days of my cheap Target finds!
- DARK GREEN. In line with the jewel toned trend, dark, emerald-green is back in a big way!
- ANY GREEN AGAIN. Yes, you heard that right. Light green is going to be big as well. In fact, Pantone’s color of the year is called Greenery.
- MARBLED WALLPAPER I have experimented with framing marbled paper, but wow what a statement marbled wallpaper would make!
- OLIVE TREES. The olive tree is apparently the new house plant of choice. Don’t tell my Fiddle Leaf Fig that I have managed to keep alive that it is on its way out.
What do you think of these trends? For the most part, I love them! Time will tell and there are trends that hang on for years. In fact, I read that marble and copper are on their way out, but I think they have a few years of life left in them. 🙂
Until next time, friends!