Hi friends! Happy Friday. Today, I wanted to share with you some of our master bedroom progress. If you want to get caught up, you can read about my plans here.
To say that things have moved slowly is an understatement. Slow and steady wins the race, right? First, we had to have the door leading outside from our master replaced and reframed. That took about 2 weeks and went relatively smoothly. Then, I had this great idea to move the lighting for our chandelier so it was centered in the room. That turned into me filling in our ugly can lighting and having sconces wired in. I went with sconces because our bed is now larger, and I need smaller bedside tables that likely will not accommodate lamps.
What has this resulted in, you may ask? Holes! Lots and lots of holes. Our home is old and has the original laven plaster on the ceilings. This tends to crack over time. So, in order to cure this, we are having a new layer of drywall “floated” on top of the exsiting plaster. This is a process and we are sleeping on the couch until it is done 🙂
See the lovely cracks??
After that, all that is left is to paint and install the electrical. I am super excited about the lighting. The chandelier is this one below I found on Craigslist and the scones are from Gabby Home. They were a bit of a splurge- don’t tell my husband.
Here is what has been completed thus far. Our new upholstered bed arrived and so did the bedding. I am in the process of sourcing throw pillows to give the bedding more interest and texture.
We also reupholstered our X benches in this fun abstract blue pattern. I wrote a tutorial here about upholstering the Target X benches (similar here) to customize them. The best part is you can take it off and start over once you tire of the old fabric. Below is what the benches looked like before.
So that is it for now. Hoping to complete lots more in the weeks ahead. This weekend, I plan to sew a new trim onto our drapes for a quick update.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend friends!